Almost as good as homemade icecream yet much easier: a mango ice recipe of guest chef Wokkingmum.
Who is Wokkingmum?
A mum obviously, who knows how to handle a hectic life, sharing her fast cooking tips and delicious recipes an her site: Let’s get wokking. Each of her recipes are illustrated with her own pictures: what you see is what you get: a culinary site I love!
Mango Ice Recipe
Mangos are available everywhere in Malaysia, delicious to eat on their own but even more delicious when cold. When you have a blender, mangoes are ideal to blend with some milk or yoghurt and freeze. Scoop out just before it’s completely frozen and you have a creamy icecream without any fatty cream.
Mango ice ingredients
- 1 mango: skinned and sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) home-made syrup (add to taste), made from 125 ml water and 125 grams sugar, if available, add screwpine-leaves for some extra flavor
How to make mango ice
- Blend the mango and syrup in a blender
- Remove and freeze the blended mango
- When the mango ice is about 80% frozen, remove from freezer.
- Use a fork and pick the mango to break the ice.
- Scoop and serve with mango slices.
More Mango Tips
- If you have a smoothie blender, you can freeze the home-made syrup in your icecube tray. Blend the frozen syrup with half a mango and half a cup of milk.
- However: never use a blender for blending ice unless the knifes come with a warranty.
We kindly thank wokkingmum for featuring her mango ice, do leave a comment and add your recipe to be featured on theskinnycook.com