Prepare this fast and easy curry chickpea recipe, so you will be enjoying a delicious side dish in less than 15 minutes: ideal when you feel hungry and want your meal ready on the spot.
Makes 2 servings in 15 minutes, originally posted by The Skinny Cook on the 3th August 2001 (Vegetables / Asian (India) / Side Dish / Stove / No marination).
Sometimes we love our food to be on the plate as soon as we feel hungry… This fast chick pea recipe makes our wish come true!
Anytime you use chickpeas (or any other product) in a tin, try out a few different brands and choose the one you find the most delicious. Read the labels carefully in order not to buy hidden sugars or other unnecessary additives (like E621 = MSG).
In paleo you will surely know that chickpeas are legumes, hence not allowed. Primal will allow it however: just make sure they are well cooked, which is certainly the case when they come out of a tin.
Curry chickpea ingredients
- 1 can chickpeas of 14 oz (440gr)
- oliveoil to fry (or coconut oil, or ghee, or walnut oil…)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 inch (2,5cm) piece ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves(2 plants)
- Combine to a fine paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Quick chickpea curry recipe
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry cumin for 1 minute.
- Add onion and ginger and fry until the onion is golden.
- Add paste to the pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add chick peas with liquid of the can and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until the sauce is as thick as you want it to be.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve your chickpea curry, if desired with homemade yogurt (primal: fermented fresh diary is acceptable in paleo, when you can digest it of course).