Make this easy fruit tart recipe, illustrated step by step, so everybody will be able to make and enjoy a delicious tart from start to finish in less than 1 hour.
Makes 1 big apple tart or 2 small peach tarts, originally posted by The Skinny Cook, 01st March 2006 (Dough / Tart / Europe (Belgium) / Sweets / Oven / No marination). This recipe is non paleo due to added sugar, wheat-flour and butter.
You can use any fruit that you have available in your kitchen, we illustrated using fresh peaches. It tastes best with any kind of fruit containing some sourness like apples, rhubarb, strawberry…
Making the dough should be extremely fast, so with baking included, you could be eating cupcake tarts within the hour.
Ingredients for easy fruit tart recipe with apple or peach
FOR 1 BIG APPLE TART:
- Dough ingredients:
- 6.5 ounce (200 gram) self raising flour
- 4 ounce (125 gram) white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3.5 ounce (100 gram) very cold (hard) butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 8 inch (20 cm) round tart mould (non-stick)
- Fruit filling ingredients:
- 1 1/4 pound (625 gram) Golden Delicious apples : peal, cut in 4, remove the inner part and then slice into little "moon-shapes" of 1/4 inch (half a centimeter) thick
- 2 ounce (60 gram) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
FOR 2 LITTLE PEACH TARTS:
- Dough ingredients:
- 1 3/4 ounce (50 gram) self raising flour
- 1 ounce (30 gram) white sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 ounce (25 gr) very cold (hard) butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg yolk from a small – 1 1/2 ounce (40gr) – egg
- 2 round tartmoulds : 3 inch (7 cm) diameter : non-stick
- Peach pie filling recipe ingredients:
- 3 1/2 ounce (100 gram) peach, preferably a not too sweet but hard one type
- 1/2 ounce (15 gram) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon self-raising flour
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 pinch of nutmeg powder
- 8 drops vanille-essence
Easiest and best peach pie recipe
Preheat the oven at 400 degrees °F (200 degrees °C.)
- Add flour, white sugar, salt, eggyolk, vanille-essence (if used) in a pot. Cut the butter and add. Beat with mixer until all becomes like bread crumbs. Take 1/4 of the dough and set aside for later.
- Grease the mould(s) with extra butter and push the 3/4th part of the dough on the bottom and the sides of the mould. Where dough looks thin (less than 1/8 inch – 3 to 4 mm) : add more dough, just simply push extra pastry on it. Where the pastry looks thick (above 1/8 inch -3 to 4mm) : remove or press out.
- Prepare the fruit filling: add in a bowl the fruit, brown sugar, tablespoon self raising flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and stir.
- Add the fruitmixture above the dough in the mould.
- Push "here and there" the rest of the 1/4 dough-part as evenly as you feel like over the fruit: during baking, the pastry will become more equally spread than it will look now.
- Put the tarts in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees °F (200 degrees °C).
- After 15 minutes :lower the temperature to 350 degrees °F (175 degrees °C) and bake for 20 minutes more, or until the top part of the pies becomes golden brown and the fruit bubbles up.
- Take the fruit pie(s) out the oven, put a wire rack above the tart and turn the mould and the tray. Bang if needed a bit on the mould, so the tart glides on the tray. Do the same with another tray on the tart, turn around, and let your fruit tart cool down.