Are you making any of these 7 mistakes that contribute to hemorrhoids or piles? If so, learn how to prevent hemorrhoids by changing the 7 mistakes below.
Do know that 40% of the world’s population is suffering from mild to severe hemorrhoids. It’s because people are too embarrassed to talk about it, that the easy wisdom to prevent piles just keeps hidden from you.
Learn to know the symptoms of hemorrhoids
Piles or hemorrhoids are any form of vein inflammation around the lower rectal regions. In severe cases, In the more severe stages, hemorrhoids can fall out like a lump outside your bottom. Symptoms of having hemorrhoids could be:
- itching in your anus area, also known as hemorrhoid itching
- blood on your toilet paper and/or
- pain during constipation.
Learn how to prevent hemorrhoids
- Don’t sit for longer than 1 hour. If combined with a sharp force such as constipation or pregnancy, sitting creates additional pressure on the bottom area, invoking the perfect environment for hemorrhoids to occur .
- Go to the toilet when you feel like going to the toilet. Waiting too long will increase difficulty in passing stools because they will become dry and hard. Hard stools need extra pressure on your part to come out. The extra pressure will strain the rectal walls and cause the tissues and veins around the area to swell into hemorrhoids.
- Eat healthy food: processed food and refined sugar create harder stools and induce indigestion. As we just mentioned: hard stools need to be avoided at all costs.
- Adding fiber in your diet is one of The best and easiest natural way to prevent hemorrhoids is adding extra fiber to your daily diet. We are referring to food like fresh veggies, fresh fruit, oatmeal and whole grain. Food high in fiber makes digestion easy, clean your rectal walls, let your stools come out easily without pain nor pressure. Do know that the paleo diet doesn’t allow any cereals. Hence an effective Belgian diet like The Food Hourglass (‘De Voedselzandloper’ in Dutch) from Belgian doctor Kris Verburgh is growing in popularity in Belgium and The Netherlands. This diet looks similar to the paleo diet – emphasizing fresh produces without diary- , but with added fiber rich foods like oatmeal (the only gluten free whole grain allowed) and legumes. I do notice less constipation when I don’t eat any grains, but increase the amount of fruits and vegetables I eat.
- Eat on regular times: regularity will improve your digestion, irregularity will increase indigestion, which could trigger hemorrhoid symptoms.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects as again that will strain the veins and tissues of your rectal walls. Simple prevention is much more effective than actual hemorrhoids treatment.
- And the most easy way to prevent hemorrhoids that many people neglect: do drink lots of liquid. Drinking plenty of water, tea or fresh fruit and vegetable juices will make your stools more moist and let them come out without pain nor pressure.
This article about how to prevent hemorrhoids, was inspired by Holly Hayden: an self proclaimed expert and writer of her little-known fast system called "The H Miracle": when you read her book in detail, you will discover more ways to treat your hemorrhoids naturally in the comfort of your home.