Prepare this proven Italian sausage pasta recipe so you will be eating delicious pasta in less than 30 minutes.
This is one of those quick dinner recipes you can make after a long day of work without having to slave in your kitchen.
Any pasta will do. I prefer the spiral pasta – fusilli, eliche, spirali or tortiglioni – as they are easy to dose, easy to cook, easy to eat and coat very well with tomato sauce. When you are on a paleo diet and don’t eat wheat pasta, look for buckwheat noodles (what the Japanese call soba noodles).
To speed up the process of normally making meatballs, you simply buy any sausage in your butcher’s shop that you think will taste delicious in a spaghetti, obviously an Italian sausage will have already the typical Italian spices mixed in.
Easy pasta sauce recipe ingredients
For the pasta, read the instructions on the package:
- rocksalt or seasalt
For the sauce for 2 persons:
- oil to fry
- 1 onion
- 2 Italian sausages
- 1 or 2 long red chilies (when you want it spicy, you can also use chili flakes, cayenne…)
- 3 fresh organic tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small spoon of organic tomato paste (when available)
- 1/2 teaspoon rocksalt
- when you aren’t on a paleo diet:
- 1 tablespoon of organic mustard
- 1 slice of good, homemade bread
- organic cheese for garnish
Quick and easy Italian sausage pasta recipe
- Bring water to a boil in an electric kettle.
- Cut 1 onion in slices and start frying in oil in a non-stick pan.
- Get the sausages out of their skin and make them into meatballs. When that’s to much work, just cut the sausages into cube shaped pieces. Add the meat to the onions in the pan.
- Cut 1 or 2 long red chilies and add to the pan.
- As soon as your water boils, add into a big pot, poor in a bit of oil and bring to the boil on a stove. Only then add the pasta (just add the pasta according to the time they need to cook and the time you still have left in your 30 minutes…, so pasta and sauce will be ready at the same time to be served).
- Dice 3 fresh organic tomatoes, add 3 cloves garlic, some tomato paste, a small teaspoon of rock-salt or sea-salt (the tastier, the better) and add water until you have about half a liter (1 pint). Mix in a blender and add to the meat pan. Bring to the boil as fast as you can.
- When you aren’t on a paleo diet, you could now add a piece of bread, put some mustard on 1 side and add to the pan. Without the bread, you need to cook your sauce without a lid so it can thicken.
- Let boil on a low fire for 20 minutes, make sure to add water when needed.
- When the pasta is cooked: drain.
- Serve your Italian sausage pasta immediately and add some cheese when you aren’t on a paleo diet.