Really, I only had to try once and I already have a beautiful rose: this is the easiest step by step rose drawing ever!
My favorite flowers are roses, I have a lot of pictures of roses, but when it comes to color draw a rose, I am as good as kids draw.
I have no time to take up draw lessons, all I want is to be able to draw a simple rose without looking like a 3 year old 🙂 That’s why I started this website explaining step by step how to draw roses.
My first rose drawing was quite a success I might say, which only shows that my sketch draw is easy to reproduce by anybody!
How to draw a simple rose with a simple writing pen…
How to draw roses
Answering this question will be the scope of this rose drawing site.
I will add a lot of step by step rose drawings in future, but I want to start with this cartoon rose which gave me a successful rose right from the first start.
How to draw a simple rose step by step
Step by step rose drawing
- draw a balloon with a "saint" sign above it
- add 2 leaves on the stem of the rose
- combine the "saint sign" and the balloon to a vase
- right from the vase draw an "s" and
- left from the vase: mirror what you did on the right side of your future rose
- add another mirrored s to the left and
- do the same on the right, don’t draw what you can’t see behind the flower
- "cut" the 2 rose leaves in half
- the top part of the rose flower is the most challenging for me: you need to make the illusion as if it’s a piece of paper on top that you rolled together
- the finishing touch of this rose drawing:
- add thorns to the rose stem,
- make saw incision in the leaves and
- colour the rose to hide your sketch drawings
Feel free to leave a comment if you followed the instructions and you want your rose to be featured here!
Do you know how to draw flowers and roses?
If you want your rose drawings (with step by step instructions on how to draw your rose) featured on our roses site, please leave a comment!