Prepare this easy recipe for chocolate truffles so you will enjoy the best Belgian chocolate truffles: much cheaper and more delicious than the chocolates you buy in the shop.
This recipe contains added sugar, hence surely not paleo!
What are the best Belgian chocolates…? Almond Truffles! I prefer a basic chocolate with some almonds or any nuts for that matter, so when you want something else than your typical store bought hazelnut chocolates, do prepare the easy chocolate truffle recipe below.
Chocolate truffles are bite-sized sweet to which a lot of flavourings can be added: from liqueurs to essences to honey…
The recipe below goes back to basics with almonds as added flavour. This is exactly how my grandma prepared them.
Recipe for chocolate truffles: ingredients
- 4 3/8 ounce (125 gr) chocolate : grated
- 1 3/4 ounce (50 gr) butter
- 1 egg-yolk
- 2 5/8 ounce (75 gr) icing sugar (powder sugar)
- 1 ounce (30 gr) almonds
- extra cacao-powder and powder sugar to coat the truffles
How to make easy almond truffles
- Melt the chocolate au-bain-marie (put chocolate in a small metal bowl which you put in another pot that holds hot water).
- Beat the butter until it becomes creamy.
- Add egg yolk, sugar and melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add the almonds and stir until well mixed.
- Let your chocolate ganache cool down, until this mixture becomes stiff.
- In a round glass bowl (so you can see through what is happening…), add cocoa powder and icing sugar and stir.
- Make little balls from the chocolates and swirl them around in the cocoa-sugar mixture.
- Store your almond chocolate truffles in the fridge and enjoy!