Enjoy 2 hot espressos at once at ay time with the luxurious 15 bar Saeco Namo Deluxe SBS Espresso Machine: a value for money coffee machine.
I bought this espresso machine as a present for my parents. My parents have a lot of guests coming over, most of them love coffee, so what better to buy them than a machine that:
- makes a fresh cup when a guest arrives: just push a button and "tadaa": hot espresso ready!
- makes 2 cups in 1 go, so you and your guest can enjoy together immediately
- gives you the choice between a strong espresso and a more mild cup of coffee
What I love about this Saeco Espresso Machine?
- entertaining your visitors to a cup of espresso becomes fast and effortless, as all the work of putting in coffee, water… is done way beforehand! When suddenly a visitor arrives, all you have to do is start the machine, and a bit later a cup is ready for you AND your visitor. Better still: you can easily clean up AFTER your visitors leave. (You can fill the machine with about 4 pints (2 liters) of water and 1 package – 8 3/4 ounce or 250 gr – of unground coffee beans
- the coffee is really hot!
- you can make strong or mild coffee by the turn of 1 button: SBS stands for "Saeco Brewing System" that lets you master the flow of the water over the beans: a slow flow for a strong espresso and a fast flow for a normal cup of coffee (or a "cafe lungo" as Saeco calls it)
- machine part is easily taken out and rinsed with hot water
What I "hate" about this espresso machine?
This machine does make some noise grinding the coffee beans, due to a very durable long lasting ceramic grinder. And my mother always has to remind my father to be careful with the door, which looks a bit fragile, yet is still working perfectly.
There is a compartment for the coffee grit with an indication when the coffee grit compartment is full…Or it tries to indicate: actually it only counts the amount of cups made and after 12 or 13 cups the compartment is for sure full. Depending on your coffee consuming habits, just remember to empty and clean the coffee grit compartment every 2 or 3 days, and don’t get too upset when the machine informs you the grit compartment is full when it isn’t. Just take it out and clean it, because once the compartment is too full, coffee grit will fall in the machine, no matter how carefully you are taking it out.
Another minus: it is an espresso machine and not a huge coffee cup maker: you can’t fit a big cup under this machine. Workaround: it just takes you another press of the button to serve yourself another cup of very hot coffee.
I purchased this in Belgium in 2007 for 599 Euro, which is about 750 American dollar.
Conclusion Saeco Espresso Machine: Saeco Namo Deluxe BBS
This model is no longer in production but has been succeeded by the Philips Saeco RI9724/47 Incanto Deluxe Automatic Espresso Machine, Stainless Steel
The Saeco Espresso Machine (15 bar) is value for money for a "luxurious" Espresso Machine. It makes 2 hot espressos at once and you have your hands and mind free to entertain guests and visitors when the espressos are made.
It is an ideal gift idea when you (with friends or family members) want to buy a shared present for somebody else. In the category of luxurious Espresso machines, this espresso maker is in the low price category and real value for money.