Enjoy instant comfort and relief from irritating and painful piles using a sitz bath for hemorrhoids.
A sitz bath is a bath in which you only wet your hips and buttocks. You use it to relieve itchiness or other pain of for hygienic reasons.
Easy ways to take a sitz bath at home is sitting in an – obviously strong – wash basin or in your bath tub with only a little bit of water, as basically a sitz bath is just a warm water bath to treat skin irritations, infections and hemorrhoids "down there".
The most common and by far most comfortable is a kind of plastic tub that fits perfectly over the seat of your toilet. All you have to do now is:
- fill this tub with warm water. There will be an overflow so if you put in too much water, it will simply end up in your toilet bowl.
- add some additive like salt, sitz bath Epsom salts or simply baking soda relieve any infection in and around the anal area. You can also mix essential oils in the water: lavender and juniper oils work best to help with swollen or tender skin.
- make sure you have a book and some magazines at hand and
- soak the hemorrhoids in it for about 15-20 minutes. Keep some warm water nearby in case you need to refill the colder water in the sitz bath.
- very important: get up slowly! Sometimes the expansion of the blood vessels caused by the warm water could result in dizziness.
- as usual: don’t use hard toilet paper to dry yourself. If possible just let yourself dry by air or pat yourself dry with clean humid tissue or a dry cotton towel.
- do this about 3 times a day.
You can also buy an authentic sitz bath:
How does it treat hemorrhoids?
- By sitting in the bath, you will be cleaning the infected and swollen area, as well as increasing the blood flow to the rectal region.
- You will enjoy instant comfort and relief from the painful symptoms your piles are causing you.
- If you suffer from chronic constipation, you will find that sitz baths are a soothing aspect of your self-care as well.
A sitz bath for hemorrhoids on the go!
What about treating your hemorrhoids when you are on a holiday? The best solution is using an inflatable sitz bath. You can buy them from about 10$ onwards, inflate them in seconds and they will fit all standard toilet seats. They are also easy to clean, as they are made from durable heavy duty vinyl.
Without this, you can always take a simple, warm sitz bath in your hotel’s bath tub. Main thing is to soak your piles in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes 3 times a day.