Prepare this strawberry banana orange juice smoothie for breakfast so you will enjoy a quick and delicious paleo breakfast that will get you to lunch.
Do you love paleo but are you fed up with the typical bacon and eggs paleo breakfasts, then have a look at fruit + nut smoothies:
- quick : blend all ingredients and breakfast is ready
- healthy: lots of vitamines and minerals
- lots of fibers: so you won’t get hungry before lunch
- extra calories from healthy fruits and nuts: the fruit sugars will wake you up and the fat from the nuts will carry you to lunch.
But I should have got your attention when I mentioned "quick"! Are you a busy person who needs that fast boost of energy in the morning that lasts until lunch, without putting too much effort and time preparing it? Then smoothies are one easy solution.
The good thing is about this paleo breakfast recipe: you can almost get all your ingredients ready the evening in advance, so in the morning you need 1 extra minute to blend and: your breakfast is ready… Wash and freeze your strawberries the night before (or by them in season and freeze them in small batches), peel, cut and freeze the banana (similar: by them on the cheap – overly ripe – and freeze for later), squeeze the oranges and poor in your icecube tray and soak your almonds.
All you need to do the next morning is blend your almonds with water to milk, or when you have an excellent blender: mix all ingredients at once and you are good to go.
When you make this smoothie for the first time, double the amount of almondmilk, so you will be able to add the right amount of milk in order to have a smoothie with your preferred consistency.
Strawberry banana orange juice smoothie ingredients
- 5 oz (150 gram) strawberries
- 2 bananas
- about 4 oz (120 ml) almond milk (homemade from 1/2 oz (15 grams) of almonds and 3 1/2 oz (100 ml) of water
- juice of 2 fresh oranges (about 5 oz – 150 ml)
How to make a strawberry banana smoothie
Tip: when you prefer only fresh ingredients, just blend all your fruit fresh with the almond milk, and you will have a delicious milkshake.
- For the best smoothie: freeze strawberry, banana and orange juice (the latter in cubes in your ice tray)
- Soak almonds overnight.
- Then next morning, when you don’t want chunky nut pieces in your smoothie, blend your almonds with water (about 15 grams almonds with 100 ml of water, about 1 oz of almonds with 7 oz of water). Blend for 1 minute until you have milk without any chunks. Notice that we don’t waste time removing the brown skin: it’s perfectly eatable.
- Add all frozen ingredients and the almondmilk in a smoothie maker and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk if you want a more milkshake like strawberry banana orange juice smoothie. Serve immediately.