Drink this delicious strawberry kiwi smoothie so you will enjoy a ready made breakfast in 5 minutes, sweet and delicious without added sugar: enjoy without getting fat!
In stead of added sugar or other sweeteners, we use nature’s sweetness provided by fresh grapes. Obviously the sweeter the other fruits will be, the sweeter your drink will become.
We use grapes in our fruit smoothies to counter the sourest oranges, green kiwi or grapefruit. For those who are new to the paleo diet or those who add sugar to anything: the only way to taste natural sweetness better, is to stop eating anything with added sugar.
Difficult? Of course, especially when you buy products with hidden sugars in it. It took me a while to understand that what looks like delicious tomato ketchup from a bottle, in fact is almost 1 quarter of sugar. In other words: eating 2 spoons of tomato ketchup is more or less the same than eating half a spoon of sugar. No wonder that all these added sugars will make it difficult to taste the real sweetness in fruits and … vegetables.
Strawberry kiwi smoothie recipe: ingredients
- 500 gram strawberries
- 1 kiwi
- 250 gram seedless grapes
- 3 apples
- 2 bananas
- 2 oranges
- 1 glass cherries
How to make a delicious fruit smoothie
- Peel the bananas and oranges, and cut into slices or small pieces.
- Peel the kiwi, slice and keep a few slices for garnish.
- Strip the grapes from their stem.
- Clean and halve the strawberries.
- Remove the kernel from the cherries.
- Remove the seeds from the apples, do not peel the apples as the best stuff is always in the peel.
- Put all the fruit in a blender or smoothie maker and blend until very smooth (in order not to end up with chunks in your straw when drinking). You can also puree the fruit in a tall vase with an immersion blender.
- Pour the drink into glasses.
- Make an incision to the middle of each kiwi slice and put it on the rim of each glass.
Serve this strawberry kiwi smoothie with 2 or 3 ice cubes and 2 straws in each glass.