Prepare this fast, easy and proven Thai curry chicken recipe so you will be enjoying delicious Thai food without having to spend money to go to the restaurant.
Serves 2 in less than 45 minutes: delicious and easy to prepare, with homemade (or bought) curry paste. When it’s homemade, you can be sure it’s paleo.
Living in Malaysia, our easiest way is to send a friend to the local market place and buy the paste for us 🙂 This is part of the joy of living in South-East Asia and having friends who love to go shopping in the fresh markets or evening markets (the so called "pasar malam"). 1 disadvantage: you have no clue what’s in the paste: most likely some added sugar.
Another very simple yet crude way for make a simple but much less tasty curry paste is adding some water and lime juice to Thai curry-powder and stir until it becomes a paste. More elaborate, tastier and still fast and easy to make pastes, are in the links that follow.
Thai curry chicken recipe ingredients for 2 people
- half a chicken (cut in bite-size pieces)
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste, chose between these 2 recipes:
- Thai red curry paste recipe with lots of dry and wet ingredients (paleo)
- Easy Thai red curry paste with less and mostly fresh ingredients (also paleo)
- half a cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 curry leaves
How to make Thai curry chicken
- Heat the oil in a frying pan
- Add Thai red curry paste and curry leaves and heat for 1 minute
- Add chicken and stir for 4 minutes
- Add water and simmer for 20 minutes (or half an hour: until the chicken is cooked: you will see the meat coming of the leg).
- If too much water, take out chicken and boil the curry sauce until a thick gravy. Make sure to take a moment to check whether your chicken is cooked well or not: you don’t want to eat raw (pink) chicken meat.
- Serve your Thai curry chicken with lots of love 🙂 … and a cool drink 🙂