Free body fat calculator to calculate your body fat percentage and expert tips to reduce your body fat.
Measurements needed to calculate body fat percentage
To calculate your body fat percentage accurately, your measurements need to be accurate within 0.5 centimeters or 0.25 inches and should be taken as follows:
- Neck: Measure below the larynx and completely around the circumference of the neck.
- Height: Stand absolutely straight without wearing shoes preferably against a wall.
- Hips: For women only: locate the outermost point of the hips and measure the circumference while keeping the tape completely level.
- For men: keep the tape level covering your navel, measuring completely around the circumference of the waist.
- For women: locate the innermost point of your waist. Keep the tape level and measure completely around the circumference of that innermost point.
Free body fat calculator
Type your measurements in the calculator below to calculate your body fat percentage:
After you calculate your body fat percentage
According to your age and sex, see "how fat" you are according to your calculated body fat percentage %:
Body fat calculation: how fat are you really?
Expert tips to reduce your body fat percentage
Only for those in the overweight and obese category you should do everything you can to reduce your body fat percentage. Here are a few easy tips to reduce your body fat:
- take action now!
- change your life: change your lifestyle!
- start moving: burn fat and make muscle:
Don’t force yourself doing difficult abdomen exercises, move in a way you love to move: walking, biking, dancing, swimming… The more intensive you move, the more fat you will burn and the more muscle you will create. Muscles are created during "strength training".
- Eat more healthy: