Super healthy, delicious and easy crab salad recipe so you will enjoy the best sandwich ever or prepare it for an extra quick and easy side dish.
Did you know you can easily substitute mayo with much healthier mashed, creamy avocado? This is something they know in Mexico for ages, and they call it ‘guacamole’.
For those that have read that you can grow fat by eating avocados, do know you kan lose lots of weight by simply substituting "supermarket mayo" – the ones filled with transfat and extra added sugars – for avocado. Not to mention what these hardened transfats will do inside your cardiovascular system.
"Hardened" means changing a liquid oil into a hard "fatty" substance. This makes it harder for bacteria and other micro-organisms to consume the oil. This makes it equally difficult (not to mention impossible) for your body (which is also a complex system of micro-organisms) to consume these hardened fats.
Add to that: flavoring mashed avocado with more fresh ingredients, is much easier and faster than making fresh mayonaise at home… and much more delicious.
Easy recipe for crab salad
- 250 grams (8oz) of canned crab meat
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- 175 ml (6 fluid ounces) jar of green olives, pitted and sliced
- pinch of dried or fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- (for some extra oomph: a pinch of cayenne)
How to make crab salad
- Mash the avocado with a fork.
- Mix the drained crab meat with the avocado, then add the olives and finally the dill.
- Squeeze lime juice over salad and stir again.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper (and some cayenne if you find that anything that sounds Mexican should be hot).
This crab salad recipe serves ideally as a crab salad sandwich on your favorite bread, pita or tortillas. You can also substitute the crab with tuna.