Enjoy delicious and extremely healthy negative calorie diet recipes with edible wild berries. We are not talking goji nor acai berries. We are talking about edible wild berries you can find in the woods nearby you.
Going out looking for the berries is a great exercise to loose weight as well! And you can eat as much berries as you like 🙂
Edible wild berries dessert
This recipe yields 6 servings and is made with blueberries and blackberries. It is made out of a berry salad topped with a berry cream.
Edible wild berries salad
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, lightly rinsed and patted dry
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, lightly rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves.
- Combine the blueberries with the blackberries, the lemon juice and the sugar in a large, non-reactive bowl.
- Let the berries mixture rest for 2 hours at room temperature for the juices to develop.
While the salad is resting, prepare the wild berries topping
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh blueberries, lightly rinsed and patted dry, divided
- 6 full mint sprigs, for garnish
- 1/4 cup sugar
- an extra 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 cups light or non-dairy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the 1 cup of the blueberries with the 1/4th cup of sugar in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved and the edible blueberries have softened.
- Remove berries from heat and transfer to a medium bowl to cool completely. (To speed the process, chill the berries in the fridge for about 20 minutes or in the freezer for about 5 minutes).
- Add the remaining cup blueberries to the cooled blueberries and set aside.
- Meanwhile the berries are cooling, whip together the cream with the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Add the crème fraîche and continue beating until again soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the cooled blueberries into the whipped mixture using a large rubber spatula. Being careful not to overmix: just create a marbleized effect from berries in cream.
- Refrigerate the berries topping loosely covered for up to at least 2 hours.
Serving the dessert
- Toss the black and blue berries mixture with the chopped mint.
- Spoon about one-half cup of the black and blue berry salad into each of 6 dessert bowls.
- Top with a generous portion of the berry cream.
- Garnish each portion of your edible wild berries dessert with a sprig of mint.
Enjoy more free negative calorie recipes as above when you order the Complete negative calorie Food Diet e-Book now.