Enjoy by far the most delicious of all negative calorie food recipes: grated potatoes with a delicious pepper, chili, tomato sauce.
Ingredients for the best of all negative calorie foods recipes
This vegetarian negative calorie food recipe serves 4 people
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 large red potato : cleaned, grated and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce/450ml can of drained pinto beans
- 1 15 ounce/450ml can of drained red kidney beans
- 2 15 ounce/450ml cans of Mexican style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
How to prepare the best of all negative calorie foods recipes
- Over medium high heat, pour oil into an oven-proof cast-iron skillet.
- Add the onion and bell peppers and sauté stirring occasionally until the onion is lightly browned.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the chili powder and cook for another minute until you can smell the chili flavor.
- Pour in the drained beans, tomatoes, and water, bring fast to a boil over a high fire and simmer on a lower fire for about 20 more minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) when you have 5 minutes left.
- Take the beans from the fire and add the grated potato, spreading them across the top of the mixture.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of chili powder evenly over the top of the grated potatoes.
- Insert the grated potatoes and sauce into the oven and bake for about 20 to 35 minutes until the grated potatoes turn golden brown.
When you enjoy this recipe as much as we do, then we recommend you to by more negative calorie food recipes from the same authors.