Fast and delicious fresh green beans recipe so you will enjoy this easy side dish in a matter of minutes.
Makes 2 servings in 20 minutes, originally posted by The Skinny Cook: 1st August 2001 (Vegetables / Asian (Malaysia) / Side Dish / Stove / No marination)
Since my dear wife is a green (French) beans lover, and I am a tomato lover: as usual we make the best out of both worlds. So we found this fast, easy and delicious side-dish both with both ingredients included. Far from having re-invented the wheel: the winning recipe we all know is beans in tomato sauce.
And when you are health conscious: always add tomatoes or homemade tomato-sauce wherever you can : its good for the heart, keeps your skin young and keeps your memory up to date!
- 6 to 7 oz (200gr) fresh green beans or French beans
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into wedges
- 1 tomato, cut in 8 pieces (see picture)
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Quick and easy fresh green beans recipe
- Heat the oil and add garlic, onions and beans.
- Stir-fry these veggies for about 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar, cumin, tomato, salt and fresh pepper and stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- Be careful not to over-cook the beans, make sure they don’t start looking like wrinkled paper.