This easy chili beans recipe is for all busy homemakers and loving husbands so they will be able to quickly prepare a delicious meal.
Makes 2 servings in 15 minutes, originally posted by JC – The Skinny Cook’s wife – 11th January 2006 (Vegetables / Asian (Chinese) / Side Dish / Stove / No marination)
You would think with The Skinny Cook as hubby, cooking days are over for The Skinny Cooks’ Wife? I wish!
When you are in a rush rush like me, some times one has to improvise when time is limited and tummies (esp. that of my husband’s-The Skinny Cooks’ Skinny tummy-) are rumbling!
So this was kind of a "discovered" dish – one can say created by me by accident!
Anyway, it is a stir fry dish which is easy to cook and main thing : it tastes good as well…
So all your buzzzzzzzzzy homemakers and good loving husbands – try this dish for your spouse!:)
Chili recipe with green beans ingredients
- 9 or 10 ounce (300 gr) Long beans (or any other beans) – cut into pieces of 2 inch (5cm) in length
- 1 Bombay onion (sliced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- a dash of white pepper
- a pinch of sugar
- a teaspoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
Easy chili beans recipe preparation
- Heat up the wok or pan with cooking oil.
- Once it is heated up slightly, put in the garlic for about 15 seconds.
- Add in the onions and sambal oelek and stir for about one minute.
- Add in the beans, and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and fry for another 1 minute.
- Remove and serve your chili beans immediately immediately.