A delicious way to consume more fresh fruit is by combining them in a fruit smoothie: a healthy and refreshing drink filled with taste, minerals, vitamines and fibre.
For those who don”t have an expensive ice crushing smoothie blender: simply put your fruit in the fridge. Take the cool fruits out, blend in any blender you have available and consume your drink at once.
In this kiwi smoothie I combine a blend of vitamin-rich fruits: kiwi, orange and apple to provide minerals, fiber, vitamin C and vitamin B (folic acid).
Since we use refrigerated fruit, no need to blend the smoothie with ice, although you can serve it with ice cubes. Blend the drink without sugar added, taste and when you really can’t do without sugar: try first to mix with an extra banana, and if really needed, add organic honey to taste.
- 2 kiwis
- 1 apple (e.g. Golden)
- juice of at least half or at most 2 oranges
- 1 banana or 1 tablespoon honey, depending on the ripeness of the orange(s) and kiwi: (to taste: with a good, ripe kiwi and only half an orange, the mixture should have enough sweetness on its own)
- Squeeze the oranges and add in a blender.
- Peel the kiwis, cut into pieces and add to the orange juice.
- If you are all in for fiber, taste and vitamines, leave the skin on the apple, otherwise peel, remove the core, cut the apple into pieces and add to the kiwi.
- Blend until there are no more fruit lumps.
- Taste, add sugar or honey if needed and blend again until the sugar or honey is dissolved.
- Serve your kiwi smoothie at once to enjoy all the vitamines, with or without ice cubes.