Prepare this quick yogurt chicken recipe so in less than one hour you will be enjoying the best chicken chili recipe: no cooking skills required and hardly any dishes.
Makes 2 servings in 45 minutes, originally posted by The Skinny Cook, on 17th January 2006 as Pahari Chicken (Chicken / Asian (Malaysia) / Gas or electric stove / No marination)
For all the time I lived in Belgium, I just thought : yogurt is to drink in smoothies or to make desserts. Being in Malaysia I love to add it in chicken recipe dishes and curries.
What’s more delicious than dipping a steamed chicken in a dip with garlic, green chili peppers and lime? Cooking it hot and spicy in stead of steaming it! That’s how the below recipe came about. Quick and easy and the little gravy that is left after simmering is just delicious.
When you de-skin the chicken, obviously the taste of the gravy can more easily penetrate the meat.
Yoghurt chicken recipe ingredients
- 1/2 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 little pot yogurt (5 fluid ounce) (150ml)
- 4 cardamoms
- 3 green chilies (remove seeds) – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves – finely chopped
- oil to fry
- salt to taste (half a teaspoon)
- Grind to a paste :
- 3 green chilies (remove seeds)
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) piece ginger
- 6 cloves garlic
How to prepare the best chicken chili recipe
- Heat oil, add chopped chilies and cardamoms and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add ground paste and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and fry till golden.
- Reduce heat. Add yogurt, stir well and simmer on low heat till yogurt is completely absorbed and the meat is cooked. (20 to 30 minutes)
- Add coriander leaves, remove from heat and serve your yogurt chili chicken…hot.