Prepare this delicious banana kiwi smoothie so you will enjoy a fast and easy, healthy breakfast or snack replacement.
Ready in , 4.5 stars based on 3 reviews.
Feel free to use your own creativity to make delicious fruit smoothies using the following guidelines::
- the best smoothies are made using frozen fruit or frozen yogurt
- mix fresh fruit and ice cubes for the right consistency
- make sure you have a blender that is made for crushing ice and
- taste and adjust ingredients.
Some fruits are ideal to add for giving smoothies their thick consistency like always available bananas (ideal if you have bought too many: just cut into pieces, freeze them in and use in smoothies) or mangoes.
Berries add a deep color to the drink and only a few strawberries can give any blend an even better taste: a good reason to buy them in bulk when they come in season during late spring and freeze them in small portions of 4 or 8.
Use milk, yogurt or fruit juices to add some liquid or use soy based milk or yoghurt to add a bit more protein to your already healthy drink. Make sure your soy is not GMO and there aren’t added sugars in the drink.
All that’s left to do is blend all ingredients and add honey or unrefined palmsugar (gula melaka, gula java) or natural sweetener (best and cheapest natural sweeteners are dried stevia leaves) to taste: blend for 30 seconds, taste, add more sweetness if needed and blend another 15 seconds.
Banana kiwi smoothie recipe ingredients
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi
- 1 little pot of Greek yogurt
(120-150 ml | 4 to 5 oz)
- 6 ice cubes
- some milk if needed
- 1 tablespoon of palmsugar to taste or
1 tablespoon of honey to taste
How to make a kiwi smoothie
- Peel and cut the banana into slices.
- Peel the kiwi and cut into pieces.
- Place the fruit with yogurt, sugar or honey and ice cubes in the blender .
- Blend until you get a frothy drink.
Taste and add more sweetness if your green kiwi was too sour or add some milk when you like your banana kiwi smoothie a bit less thick (after adding these: blend for another 15 seconds). Serve immediately.