A fast and easy salad vinaigrette dressing recipe with basil, honey, lime, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and water for a zero cholesterol meal. Add to a mixed salade and you have a zero cholesterol easy, healthy side dish, no cooking skills required 🙂
The secret ingredient in vinaigrette is … water, otherwise you end up with a much thicker dressing. All you need to do is add the ingredients in a small jar with a lid and shake it just before serving. Add more water and/or lime or a thinner dressing, add more garlic or oil for a thicker dressing.
Do a taste test: if the vinaigrette tastes to salty and to sour, it should be just right to be used over your salad. Only pour any salt containing dressing over a salad right for serving, otherwise the salt will make the
salad leaves mushy.
Estimated that 1 tablespoon = 15 ml, the recipe below containing 60 ml of organic, extra virgin olive oil (brand Gabro) contains:
- 0 mg cholesterol
- Total fat: 55 g
- saturated fat: 9 g
- monounsaturated fat: 42 g
- polyunsaturated fats: 4 g
Basil vinaigrette dressing ingredients
- a small handful of basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- lemon juice of 1 ½ calamansi lime
- 1 tiny garlic
- about ¼ or less teaspoon salt
- some pepper
How to quickly make basil vinaigrette
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of honey, put in a little jar and pour the bit of hot water over it, so the honey can dissolve.
- Add the olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper.
- Cut the garlic fine, squeeze it further with the side of your knife and add to the little jar.
- Cut the basil leaves fine and add in the jar.
- Screw the lid on the jar. Just before serving, shake it rigorously and pour over your salad. Put a lid of your salad bowl, shake everything around and serve immediately.