Make 1 of these 2 delicious chocolate banana smoothie recipes so you will enjoy a decadent chocolate dessert, full fat or equally delicious low fat… for those on a diet but wonder why they don’t loose weight.
I knew I would get your attention when I combined decadent with low fat… “Low fat products” are a myth from the previous century, as if you simply could loose weight substituting high fat ingredients with low fat ones. If all other things equal: of course low fat means less calories. But unfortunately in order to keep the taste in low fat products, fat is replaced by sugar. And more sugar than your body can absorb will straight away be converted to body fat.
So when you want to indulge in decadent desserts, by all means go for the full fat ones, provided those fats are of high quality. When you aren’t convinced that quality fats can be good for you, we also wrote down a low fat version of this dessert. Needless to say I prefer the fat version… not every day of course!
Chocolate banana smoothie recipe: high fat ingredients
When you don’t have all of the below ingredients by hand, get creative: use what you have and let your tastebuds direct you further… A scoop of instant coffee could already be a delicious substitute. Simply adding more chocolate and more banana will do as well.
- 6 scoops of your best chocolate ice cream (about 500ml, 1 pint)
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole milk
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon of any chocolate liqueur (optional)
- 40 grams (1 ounce and a half) chocolate with 70% cocoa
Chocolate banana smoothie recipe: low fat ingredients
- 6 scoops of chocolate sorbet
- 250 ml (1 cup) skimmed milk
- 1 banana
- 2 teaspoons of liquid Stevia sugar substitute or agave syrup
- 4 tablespoons of light cream (3%)
- 40 gram (1 ounce and a half) dark chocolate used for making pastries
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream, light version of course
How to make a chocolate banana smoothie
- Grate the chocolate and set aside.
- In a blender or using an immersion mixer: combine half the ice with the milk, cream, peeled banana, optional chocolate liquor and honey.
- Blend the mixture well and poor into glasses or cups.
- Add half a scoop of ice cream and some whipped cream (optional).
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
Serve your chocolate banana smoothie immediately and indulge!