4 delicious strawberry smoothie recipes without yogurt to choose from, so you can make your personal, best strawberry smoothie, with or without alcohol.
When you don’t live next to a strawberry farmer, your best option is choosing the most ripe looking strawberries in a shop and make a strawberry drink the same day! A finacially smarter option is buying lots of cheap strawberries in season (choose the small ones, they are cheaper and have usually more taste for little money!) and freezing them so they are readily available when needed! A frozen strawberry also makes a cute "ice-cube" to garnish any homemade fruit juice drink.
1st strawberry smoothie recipe without yogurt
Enjoy this very delicious, fast and easy strawberry smoothie without yogurt, ready in less than 5 minutes.
For about 4 glasses:
- 20 strawberries
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 banana
- sugar, honey or natural stevia sweetener (just a few dry leaves will balance out the sour flavours) to taste
How to make this strawberry smoothie
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stem.
- Squeeze half a lemon to juice.
- Cut the banana into pieces.
- Pour the mixture into your blender, add 3 ice cubes, your sweetener of choice and blend for 30 seconds.
- Taste, correct the sweetness and blend for 15 seconds more.
- Taste again, if needed correct the sweetness again and blend for another 15 seconds.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
2nd recipe: strawberry smoothie without banana
For this strawberry smoothie recipe, we don’t add any other fruit ingredients to make sure we still taste the authentic strawberry taste! Unlike our previous strawberry banana smoothie, this strawberry smoothie recipe uses only strawberries as fresh fruit ingredients.
Making about 1 pint (500 ml) of fresh fruit strawberry smoothie.
If you want to make bigger quantities in 1 making, we do recommend a separate smoothie blender or smoothie machine 🙂 Otherwise use a mortar and pestle to crush the ice (or put the ice in a towel and beat it fine by smashing the towel on a hard floor) and mix all ingredients with a mixer.
- 8 3/4 ounce (250 gr) strawberry
- 1 1/2 to 2 ounce (45-60 gr) brown (molasses) sugar (about 2 soupspoons: 50gr worked fine with me and the sour strawberries I bought)
- 5 1/4 ounce (150 gr) ice-cubes
- 6 3/4 fluid ounce (200 ml) water
- (3/4 fluid ounce) juice of half a lemon (20ml)
- Place all ingredients in the cup of an electric blender, milkshake maker or food processor and blend until smooth. If you only have an immersion mixer, then use a mortar to crush the ice before mixing it.
- This is a cool refreshing drink, not too thick. taste and when needed: add more sugar, water, ice, strawberries or lemon if needed and blend again.
Nothing prevents you from adding fresh fruit into a cocktail, so equally, nothing prevents you from adding some alcohol into a fruit smoothie like so:
Strawberry love cocktail ingredients
- 2 fluid ounce (60 ml) white rum
- 1/2 fluid ounce (15 ml) cointreau
- 1 fluid ounce (30 ml) lime juice
- 1/2 soupspoon palmsugar (depending on the sweetness of your strawberries and how sweet you want your cocktail to become: always remember that the more sugar in a cocktail, the less strong it feels, however the alcohol-effect will still be the same)
- 1 cup ice
- 5 strawberries
- Add all ingredients in a blender or smoothie maker. Mix on high speed.
- Taste your cocktail and:
- If not sweet enough: add sugar
- if the alcohol taste is too strong add freshly squeezed orange-juice
- Serve with a straw (and a red rose when it would happen to be Valentine’s day)
Vodka strawberry drink
A delicious fruit smoothie with strawberries and oranges that contains just enough vodka to make you smile.
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) vodka
- 2 1/4 cups (550 ml) orange juice
- 1 cup (150 g) frozen strawberries
- 4 scoops sherbet of orange
- 1 cup (125 g) crushed ice
- sugar, artificial or natural sweetener to taste
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and add if needed some palmsugar for more sweetness, more sherbet or icecubes when a smoother consistency is preferred and blend again.
- Taste again and repeat the previous if needed. The taste of alcohol is not overwhelming but still clearly present amongst very healthy, fresh fruit 🙂